Math Problems

Author Topic: It's AMAZING! We're up to date on Minecraft Version!  (Read 370 times)

Offline Zeckal Bloom

• Administrator
  • Forever Blank
    • Skype Status Icon
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Username:
    Minecraft Icon Zeckalin
  • Steam Username:
    Steam Icon Zeckal
It's AMAZING! We're up to date on Minecraft Version!
« on: January 26, 2017, 11:10:24 PM »
Image by ocrystal

Welcome one and all, we've finally done it... we went too far...
WE'RE ON THE CURRENT VERSION!
WHAT IS THIS INSANITY!!?!?!?

Alright, we've got a big bag of additions to go over so let's break it down.

0: We've updated to 1.11.2!
We've managed to actually get ourselves to the current version of Minecraft and all the unstable goodies that entails, including things like shulker boxes, forest mansions, llamas, iron nuggets, and more!

1: New Chat Plugin!
We've switched off of HeroChat and are now using Venture Chat.
This means our normal channel command has changed, instead of /ch, all normal channels now have a shortened /&& command.
For example, newfoal chat is /nf, and global is /gl.

You can use /chlist to see all the channels.
You can make party chats.
You can mouse over people's names to see their IGN.

Your nick doesn't HAVE to have the ~ anymore (though we appreciate it).

HAVEN EDIT: "/ch" chat commands from before should now work. With the exception of local roleplay, have single letter shorthands once again.

2: More chat stuff with our Discord Chat bridge
General has a bot that transfers messages between Global and general in discord.
Basic chat rules still apply, please avoid linking often in global, as it is now in discord too.

3: Vote rewards!
We're starting out small with 25 and 50 bit vote rewards, but expect MUCH more from this in the near future, get your votes in now though and start building up some dosh!

4: End Reset!
We've set up new things for elytra flight, and shulker boxes are new, so the end has been reset. New spawns and fresh loot are available to all!

5: Mythic World!
New world!
New generation!
New Resources!
Natural Mythic Mobs!
Natural Mythic Loot!
Elytra starting Pads!
Llamas!
Mansions!
Fresh sea temples!
More risk!
More reward!
Probably more that I can't think of right now!
We'll reset this world occasionally, so all those rare resources and loot won't just disappear forever!

6: Freebuild Reset!
We know you all have been curious about this one, so here's your 2 month warning.
We will be regenerating freebuild in about 2 months, more specific date about 1 month beforehand.
Players will be allowed to move up to 3 builds from the old freebuild to the new freebuild.
Excessively large builds might be considered more than 1, for the sake of keeping the staff who have to move them sane.
Everything inside the "Spawn Rings" will not count towards the limit, and be moved for free.
There will be a set distance away from the new spawn location that new builds will have to be pasted beyond.

7: New Donator benefits!
We've been sitting on some pretty colors and nothing else for long enough, it's time we start offering some new donator perks.
We're going to start off with our new 60$ addition.
Design, or have a mob designed, that WILL appear in the Mythic World, and may appear in a dungeon!
Any donations that one has made in the past will count towards the 60$, up to a total of 40$.
For example:
If you donated 30$ in the past, you only have to donate 30$ more for this reward.
If you donated 41$ in the past, you will have to donate 20$ more for this reward.
New donation perks in the future will follow this pattern, where they keep building off the previous perks.

8: Work in Progress!
We wanted to get 1.11.2 content out at our first good opportunity, so ALL of the above is going to be changed and improved in the near future!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 09:55:54 AM by Haven Splendor »

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q578/Raynock/AppleShake4_zpsa2ce3aa0.gif
~Haven~ "Remember, when you play jenga with jockey, you play jenga with uptime"

Offline Sweetie Belle

• Starswirl Level Pone
  • Cutest Marshmallow
    • Skype Status Icon
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Username:
    Minecraft Icon Samarra_
  • Steam Username:
    Steam Icon Bolvangr
  • Discord:
    Discord Icon Bolvangr
Re: It's AMAZING! We're up to date on Minecraft Version!
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 12:19:06 AM »
Any particular reason why the world is being regenerated this time?

Offline Bracent

• Foal
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Username:
    Minecraft Icon Bracent
  • Steam Username:
    Steam Icon Bracent
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2017, 03:19:31 AM »
Are we going to be able to move stuff early or do we need to wait for a certain date to start moving our stuff?

I know you said it will be reset in two months, but will it be actually reset the current world or will we be doing the separate world thing again and then transfer from one to the other and then delete the old world?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 03:47:36 AM by Bracent »
3DS- 2062-9929-2446
2DS- 0361-7456-8841

Offline Rainbow Dash

• WONDERBOLT
  • Global Moderator
    • Skype Status Icon
    • View Profile
    • My Other Stuff
  • Minecraft Username:
    Minecraft Icon Ryanbow_Dash
  • Steam Username:
    Steam Icon Ryanbow Dash
  • Discord:
    Discord Icon Ryanbow Dash#2934
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 08:14:48 AM »
Any particular reason why the world is being regenerated this time?

Same reason it was regened last time: our current map is from 1.7.2 and is almost 3 years old. It gives the chance to experience a newer world, while also clearing out many inactive builds.

Are we going to be able to move stuff early or do we need to wait for a certain date to start moving our stuff?

I know you said it will be reset in two months, but will it be actually reset the current world or will we be doing the separate world thing again and then transfer from one to the other and then delete the old world?

I assume we're doing it the same way as last time. Having both maps active and transferring from one to the other starting in 2 months. I'll edit this post when I get confirmation.

EDIT: Yes, both old and new FB worlds will be active for transfers in April.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:31:13 AM by Rainbow Dash »
"Think of the cider! Won't somepony please think of the cider?!"

Offline pokota

• Colt/Filly
  • Probably Building Below You
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Username:
    Minecraft Icon raekuul
  • Steam Username:
    Steam Icon raekuul
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 01:06:15 PM »
Where/how do we request build movements from Freebuild? (and how do we go about arranging for moving of underground and underwater builds?)
Code: [Select]
elif name == "gary":
print("We are all Gary here.\n")

Offline Bracent

• Foal
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Username:
    Minecraft Icon Bracent
  • Steam Username:
    Steam Icon Bracent
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 02:43:38 PM »
Its usually a post like this one if not this one itself.  Usually you'll post the coords of the build you want moved and the coords of where in the new map you want it moved to.  Usually its first come first served and it helps to be active on the server to help coordinate the move to minimize hassle and grief on your side and the mods.
3DS- 2062-9929-2446
2DS- 0361-7456-8841

Offline Sweetie Belle

• Starswirl Level Pone
  • Cutest Marshmallow
    • Skype Status Icon
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Username:
    Minecraft Icon Samarra_
  • Steam Username:
    Steam Icon Bolvangr
  • Discord:
    Discord Icon Bolvangr
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 06:00:58 PM »
I thought the move last time was because the map was corrupted more than anything else. In addition, isn't the purpose of the mining world to experience newer generated things?

Offline TheHolyAsdf

• Edgy TryHard
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Username:
    Minecraft Icon TheHolyAsdf
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2017, 01:49:55 AM »
Basically, we're resetting freebuild to remove inactive builds so the world feels less cluttered and more fresh as well as update the world.

You may argue that mining world already provides all these complements but that world will have heightened ore rates and perhaps other things for the more serious players where as freebuild is more for the casual players.

Offline Sweetie Belle

• Starswirl Level Pone
  • Cutest Marshmallow
    • Skype Status Icon
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Username:
    Minecraft Icon Samarra_
  • Steam Username:
    Steam Icon Bolvangr
  • Discord:
    Discord Icon Bolvangr
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 03:31:48 PM »
Is there any way we can have mobs moved? I have some villagers with nice trades I'd like to keep.

Offline TheHolyAsdf

• Edgy TryHard
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Username:
    Minecraft Icon TheHolyAsdf
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 10:33:16 PM »
World edit copies entities along with blocks in their clipboard so I don't see why not for relatively important mobs like villagers, wolves and golems. But stuff like regular sheeps and cows don't really warrant it. It would be good if you gathered the mobs into the builds you want moved so it can be moved in a single swing.

Offline Sweetie Belle

• Starswirl Level Pone
  • Cutest Marshmallow
    • Skype Status Icon
    • View Profile
  • Minecraft Username:
    Minecraft Icon Samarra_
  • Steam Username:
    Steam Icon Bolvangr
  • Discord:
    Discord Icon Bolvangr
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 04:53:31 PM »
Some feedback on the mythic world:

The amount of ores is really high, I got 107 diamonds from 3 diamond veins using a fortune 3 pick. I found those veins a few minutes apart running through caves. If I was branch mining it would have probably been a bit longer but it would have also been safer.

The mobs I feel are in a good place right now, they're a threat but not a constant annoying presence like before.  A few times I got pretty low on health while having a full suit of protection 4 diamond. Of course the totem of undying meant that I wasn't at risk of dying anyways.

/home and /back seem to no longer work, which is fine. /spawn does, which I hope is intended otherwise it'd be a terrible waste of time to have to return to spawn to warp out. Maybe add a few seconds delay or a not-moving requirement to prevent it from being a cheap way out of a fight though.

The Evokers seem to spawn in the darkness like the other mobs, which makes totems much easier to get (though vexes are extremely annoying to fight in caves because noclipping). Not sure if this is intentional.